Tuesday, July 6, 2010

4th of July came and went. No celebrating here. Rained and rained. But a lot of people still managed to get together with friends and family and go have fun. Guess we're not that inventive. Besides, Andy had to work July 3rd....in the rain. We didn't know until July 2nd for sure that he would have AT LEAST the 4th off....too late to make plans with anyone because their plans were already made. And he didn't want to go out in the rain to watch fireworks. Fuddy duddy. It's so hard to be married, but be by myself so much. When it's this time of year I AM by myself more than not. And it's different than being single. I feel guilty when I make plans that would take me to friends' houses for fun celebrations, when I know that Andy can't get there until who knows when, or IF he can even get there in the first place. So I stay home. Sound like a martyr don't I? But, I don't know if I explained this well enough. I do go to movies or out to eat with my girlfriends or daughter, during the day. But the evening times and holidays when Andy has to work, I don't....he has never gotten angry because I went somewhere without him, but, I still feel guilty! We have a boat. Didn't have a vehicle to pull it with for 5 years. Finally got one last year. How many times did boat get out? 1-----yes, 1. The phone company in its divine wisdom decided that all technicians must work 6 days a week, unless an emergency is declared, then it's either 14 or 21 days on, then a day off. Well, I'm off in the summer, and can get away....but not Andy! I am so thinking that this fall when his work slows down, we ARE going away for several weekends and take the boat....see, since we go to church, we don't miss, unless we are out of town on vacation. Well, no one else takes that into thought, so, maybe WE'LL do that....bad attitude, but stink!!! Anyway, I'll quit griping. Yes, the overtime is good, but when you don't get to do anything together but WORK, how much fun is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment