Sunday, May 30, 2010

Ahh. Memorial Day Weekend. Summer has started. Today we went to church with our daughter and son in law. They are going to Life Church in Yukon, Ok. It was a great time of worship with them!
A new fence is going in a week from tomorrow. So we have been pulling up the old one, and cleaning out the backyard. We've never really had a fence, just a 'lattice' barrier. But our next door neighbor has a barren waste land of a back yard, with two large dogs, and the humans do nothing about the waste, etc. So a new 6 foot cedar fence will make it where we don't have to look at , or smell the mess next door. And the fence will continue along the back. Don't even ask why we've had to do that. Let's just say there was an attempt at a lawsuit---but, we weren't the ones who 'lost the case'....we'll fill you in someday. It's just frustrating that we have to spend $2000 because of neighbors.....the two of us cannot dig and set posts and put up a fence by ourselves. So we are paying to have it done. I feel guilty about that. But we do both work very hard, and shouldn't always have to do all of that kind of stuff ourselves. Ahh, 'progress'....
It's the weekend where we remember. I know the history of Memorial Day is to remember our fallen soldiers, but it has turned into a time where we remember all of those who have 'gone on before us' as they say. Thanks to our military for defending our country....and defending our rights to be a responsible, law abiding citizen who has the privilege to work for the American Dream----not the privilege of sitting back and letting it be handed to us.
I remember my Daddy today. He was a veteran of Korea. While he survived that war, he still worked hard to provide for me and my mom and sister. He also worked hard to protect his country's beliefs. Thanks Daddy. I miss you. (The mockingbirds have been very noisy and very busy the last couple of weeks----I remember you 'mocking' them. I can see you with your ear in the air listening and making their calls).
I also remember my father in law. A hard working man with a huge heart....although at times he came across as harsh and grumpy. But he would do anything for anyone who asked. And literally would drop everything to help out. We miss you too Dad.
We are blessed that both of these men loved the Lord and served Him. We are confident that we will worship with them again in Heaven!
Got to get to work out in the yard, before my husband of 30 years fires me!!
God's Blessings....

No comments:

Post a Comment