Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Wow! I seemed to have forgotten that I set up a blog. That is the truth of who I am...goodness.
The last few months have been crazy! We have 2 new great nephews, a great niece on the way, and another great nice/nephew (don't know which yet) is on the way!
I've made a 'sparkly' dress for one of my young nieces to wear in a homecoming celebration---it was so much fun to shop with her mom for the fabric! I think that was the first time Tracie and I have had time with just us in, well, forever? She's a sweet 'girl' and a great wife and mom. I love her! And that young niece looked absolutely beautiful!
So--handmade gifts for these babies as well. Two blankets for the nephews and a painted rocking horse for the niece (what was I thinking?? I don't have that kind of talent). And will work on the other one's gift later.
Did all of the flowers for a wedding of a 'kid' of mine---a youth group member from when she was the age to be in youth group. She's all grown up and married now! My house looked like a floral explosion....but it was fun! Am now working on the decorations for another wedding coming up in June.
And we've had a hoard of 'foster' kittens. And I say "we". Even though I am the official volunteer for the Humane Society, my husband has been so much help with these kittens! Not to mention we both laugh so hard at the antics of litters. Except when they decide to use US as the climbing post. OUCH! I am glad that Andy doesn't mind that we take these 'homeless' ones in. So far, all of the ones we have fostered (which I THINK is 21 at the last count) have all been adopted----except for the 4 we have right now. They aren't 'eligible' yet. We did have one little one die a couple of weeks ago. Complications from her spaying surgery. Felt pretty helpless running around trying to get her help. But her siblings are growing and doing well!
The end of school is near. I know that people who look at those of us who work in a school setting as very lucky because we quote 'get the summers off'. But man oh man. If you only understood the pressure of getting everything done, on time, and in a manner that the students can successfully prove that they've learned what you've tried to teach---and to keep those same hormonal humans focused this time of year? Oh yikes. It's exhausting. You feel as though you are walking uphill against fierce Oklahoma winds. All day. Every day.
Speaking of school....lunch is over. Gotta hit it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment